Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My interests

A few days ago an Internet friend remarked, in a purely friendly way, that he could not readily discern what my areas of expertise/interest are. So I sought to outline them, with the following tentative result.
1) the historiography of art, studies now being realized in my major work in two volumes that is shortly to appear;
2) gay studies, the field I defected to (even though it has almost been strangled at birth by postmodernism); nonetheless I achieved the Encyclopedia of Homosexuality 25 years ago;
3) literary modernism (Pound, Eliot, Joyce, and their precursors Rimbaud, Apollinaire, and Nietzsche);
4) medieval political theory, exemplified by the tension between Ernst Kantorowitz and Walter Ullmann;
5) the Greek and Roman classics;
6) ancient China;
7) comparative religion, as seen in my online book Abrahamica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home